Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Renewal

It's been HOW long?! I know, I know, I've been slacking on my blog page. It's just incredibly hard to find time to write. I am gone 13 hours of the day due to work and commute, then I come home and help take care of the boys until it's their bedtime, then it's time for me to get to sleep. Any spare time I have is usually swallowed up with dates with friends, get togethers with families, or errands.

It is very overwhelming. On the outside you see the same Joe. Smiling, joking, laughing, and playing. On the inside I feel the weight and pressure of the world on my shoulders--that at any moment I could just break down and cry for hours (I even squeezed a few out yesterday). I have to manage my work life and my family life. I have to take care of bills, take care of the yard, take care of our home, figure out how to save money, take care of my sons; I also have to work hard at work in attempts to get promoted, giving it my 100% at all times for the sake of my family. It wears me out beyond anything I ever imagined.

In the midst of it all, I have really struggled finding time for the Lord. And because of it, I feel a thirsty soul wanting and needing to be quenched. I do not feel the same as I did back in 2004 when I had a personal revival. I have felt a steady decline in my spirit, and I am having trouble getting back on track. I do not even know how or where to begin. It's hard. It's really hard.

But through all the struggles and trials, the Lord reminds me how good and faithful he is when I look at my boys. They give me great joy and strength, and the Lord reminds me through them to never give up. They remind me to endure through the difficult times, and that the Lord rewards those who are faithful and just. So even now in my time of the valley, I realize there is hope.

Just take a look at these guys. How can anyone NOT be happy when they see them? Note: since my last post, the boys have been sleeping through the entire night by week 7-8. Praise God! In addition, they are a few days away from turning 4 months old!! How can this be?! :)






Prayer request: please pray for me during my struggles and times in life where I feel I've reached the bottom and cannot see the way out. Pray that I would find time and MAKE time for Jesus who has always made time for me. Pray for a renewal of spirit, mind, body, and soul.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so honest and real. We are praying and we are so impressed at what amazing parents you and Katie are!! Know that you have a lot of support in all of us--you need only ask! Love you, B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bina. That means a great deal to me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Joey. I agree with Beansk ... you and katie are doing a wonderful job. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete