Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Friday, May 29, 2009

Late Memorial Day

Since Katie and I didn't have a chance to have our own Memorial Day (due to Kath's bachelorette party and my bike ride to Spokane), we sort of had one last night. After coming home from work at 6pm, Sid was at my door and ready for a bike ride. Our two man gang, "With Honor," took off from my house and headed north on I-5. We exited at Marine Dr. in Everett/Marysville area and followed the windy, tree-filled road around the coast of Puget Sound towards Stanwood. We then cut across heading east towards I-5 as we encountered several amazing lakes such as Lake Goodwin.

Every time I feel like I've seen or done it all on a bike, something new and exciting happens. For starters, the drive through Everett's lumber mill was awesome as we could smell the wood for several miles. Then it was immediately followed by the smell of fresh grass and trees. We also encountered a sport biker heading towards us. Typically the biker "code" is to wave when you see another biker. You normally just give a straight arm, peace sign or something to that affect. This guy sits up tall and straight, gives us the "hang loose" sign, and wiggles it around for a while. Very strange.

The best part is being able to chat on our communication device. So Sid and I were talking the whole time. Good times.

But Memorial Day really started when we got back to my place. Katie was home. She had cleaned the whole downstairs area and prepared burgers for us. I fired up the grill and BBQ'd the meat. We had some amazing burgers last night along with some corn on the cob and baked beans. Katie stole a page out of Micah's playbook. During my Spokane ride, Micah had made burgers with feta cheese embedded in it. Katie used goat cheese in it which was really good. We followed up with some drinks and had a nice, cozy evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment