Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Monday, January 31, 2011

The Kick!

It finally happened. For the past few weeks, Katie has been able to feel the babies inside of her moving. It is something special for the mother--a bond. Something a father will never get to feel. However, I got to feel something amazing last night kicking at Katie's belly. I felt my babies for the first time! It was a very surreal moment.

Katie has been constantly asking me to put her hand on her belly to try and feel them, but I would never feel them. Last night as I began falling asleep, Katie felt them moving a lot, so she placed my hand on her belly. I was a little skeptical that I would feel anything since I've been 0 for 100 or something like that. But lo and behold! I felt a sudden jolt hit my hand, and then I felt a few more after that.

The feeling made me so happy inside. I probably would've cried if it weren't for my nightshades over my eyes (yes, I sleep with nightshades sometimes because Katie likes to read until 3am). But it was such an amazing moment for me to actually feel the life growing inside of Katie that God has created. Something I will never forget.

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! Sounds like it was a special moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay twinsies! Now do it the next time I'm there or else....

    ReplyDelete