Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Fun

Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful fathers out there. A special Father's Day wish goes out to my dad (Shaikhar), my father-in-law (Dave), my uncles, and Grandpa Marion. Thank you for all your love and support over the years. Thank you for raising me or giving me wisdom when needed; thank you for supporting me; thank you for all you do!

We had a great Father's Day at my place on Sunday. Katie and I went to church in the morning. Upon coming home, we were not surprised to see my dad in my backyard pulling weeds. Only my dad would do so much work on HIS day. :) I mowed and trimmed the lawn. Katie was inside getting the place all set up.

At 1pm, everyone started showing up--my mom, Uncle Ben, Mary Aunty, Nisha, Luke, Bina, Kristian, Lisa, Owen, Dave, Kristian W., Kelsey, Kris, and Grandma Selma. My mom chucked some chicken on the grill, but she didn't realize I had put the fire to the max so that the grill could heat up nicely, so when the chicken was thrown on with all its juices, the grill was massively on fire. So much smoke in fact, that the fire alarms INSIDE the house went off. Crazy. Luckily we were able to kill the fire and even better, salvage the meat. :)

Dad and Luke were doing the BBQ. The men were outside chatting about anything and everything. The women were inside talking about women stuff of course. We all had a wonderful time. There was so much food that everyone took home leftovers. :) Good times. Nothing like a wonderful Father's Day to kick start the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment