Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Sunday, September 27, 2009

DAY 5 - Back to D.C.

Day 5 started out rough as I got up at 6am to go to work. I was beat from the weekend, my feet hurt, and I had to put on dress shoes for work. I headed out the door, leaving Katie my extra set of apartment keys and her 7-day Metro pass. Katie’s plan for the day was to get up and meet her friend Ashley for lunch in Maryland. I went to work and was there from 6:30am-3pm. Katie hopped on the Yellow Line from Pentagon City to Chinatown, then crossed over west on the Red Line to Bethesda area (about a 45 minute ride). She had lunch with Ashley and her mom and spent some hours hanging out with them and chatting.

After work, I headed home, and Katie got home not too much later than I did. From there, we got dressed in our casual clothes and headed to Old Town Alexandria in my car. The previous time we were there was simply to watch the movie, and it was night time, so we didn’t get to explore. So now that we were there, we went all over Old Town. I looked at the design blog again and wrote down a few of the places to go see. We went to several design stores and even found a cool candy shop. We walked all the way east to the water and sat and rested as well as took some pics. After resting, we headed back up King St from the opposite side that we were walking on before. We found a really wonderful store where Katie bought a bunch of stuff and even used her mom’s leftover money to buy her mom some things as well.
From there we headed back to my car, drove around Old Town a bit, and headed back to my apartment. We quickly changed into our dress clothes as I had booked a fancy restaurant for a night out of town. We jumped on the Metro from Pentagon City to Chinatown (Yellow) and then west on the Orange Line to Metro Center. From there we had to walk only a block to Tosca Restaurant, a very fancy Italian restaurant. We had a wonderful time there. The food was out of this world good. By far the best food I’ve ever eaten. All the flavors were just so…flavorful! The wine was amazing, too! [First picture above is from Tosca]

After dinner, we headed back to Pentagon City and my apartment to change our clothes one last time back to casual. We then drove to Georgetown and had a wonderful time walking around there, seeing the different stores and driving through Cady’s Alley (design store alley). Great time in Georgetown. We drove back home and got in around midnight. That concluded our final full day together. Katie would be leaving the next day.

To view all pictures from the trip with captions, visit http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2107628009/a=70595232_70595232/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

No comments:

Post a Comment