Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Monday, September 14, 2009

NFL Sunday, Seattle Sports


First and foremost, I want to wish my good buddy, Robert Nelson, a happy birthday (yesterday). Welcome to the old man 28 club. :) As a gift for his birthday, Robert’s wife, Stephanie, bought him tickets to the Seahawks opener.

I thought it was appropriate to write this blog considering last year was the worst sports year probably ever in Seattle sports. On Saturday, the Huskies won their first game in over a year. Congrats, Dawgs! The Seattle Sounders FC are playing some great soccer. Even though the Mariners won’t make the postseason, they played much better this year than last year. And yesterday, the Seahawks put on a clinic to shutout the Rams, 28-0. Granted I didn’t get to see any of the game because the east coast doesn’t give a rip about the Pacific Northwest, I know my boys in blue are coming back this year. And while we’re on the subject, not only do they not show the game out here, but they would show highlights to virtually every game BUT the Seahawks game. How lame is that? Boo on the east coast. Saw the stats though; Houshmandzadeh had a decent first game.

The best game of the day had to be the Packers/Bears game. I was rooting for the Packers especially since I picked them to win this week in Luke’s Pigskin Pick ‘Em group. My goal this year is to beat Luke’s dad, although that is a pretty tough goal considering he either wins or gets darn near close to winning pretty much every year. Maybe my goal this year should be to beat Nisha. J Anyway, with time winding down and the Packers down by 2 with a 3rd & 1, Aaron Rodgers did a beautiful play action pass and launched the ball 30 yards for a TD. I was happy because I couldn’t afford another loss yesterday.

Anyway, just thought I’d write about how Seattle sports is turning around a bit (hopefully). And it’s sure good to have the NFL back! (Sidenote: Congrats to Roger Federer who made it to the U.S. Open final for the 6th straight year. Last time he lost in the U.S. Open was 2,200 days ago. He is superior to all. Did anyone see his second to last point last night? He had a winner that he shot in between his legs. That is amazing!)

GO BLUE!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment