Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Sunday, September 27, 2009

DAY 6 - Baltimore (final day)

Day 6 finally came. If you think for a second that we decided to take a break and relax that day, you are wrong. Even after our 40+ miles of walking in 5 days, we were ready for more. Rather than going to work only to come back to just drop Katie off at Baltimore for her flight home, I decided to take another day off. We spent the morning packing up all of Katie’s stuff. When that was all set, she said goodbye to the apartment and we began our 45 minute journey to Baltimore. Her flight wasn’t until 5:55pm, and it was only 1pm when we got to Baltimore. I did this so that we could spend the day in Baltimore. So we drove around a bit. We saw Camden Yards (where the Orioles play) as well as the Ravens football stadium. We parked the car and began walking again (we got good at that). We walked through Little Italy, but everything was practically closed. The fire hydrants were painted the colors of the Italian flag, which was cool.

We then went to the Inner Harbor and enjoyed some delicious sandwiches and dessert at Potbelly. We walked some more to the little mall by the harbor. Inside I showed her the famous Fudge Factory where the employees make fudge in front of everyone while singing a tune the entire time, and they have GREAT voices. In fact, did you know that Sisquo and the rest of Dru Hill were found because they originally worked at the Fudge Factory? Cool, huh? Anyway, we walked some more and then some more. Katie went shopping and I sat outside and listened to a guy playing live music with his guitar and microphone. He played great songs and sang/played them wonderfully. “Wonderful Tonight” and “Brown Eyed Girl” were my favorite along with a Jason Mraz song. After Katie was done shopping, we listened a bit more to the musician, and then we headed back to the car. I then dropped Katie off at the airport, and that was the end of our adventure. It was a wonderful time. Katie, my love, thank you for a wonderful 6 days together. I loved every single minute of it. Can’t wait for you to be in my arms again soon. I love you!

Hope you guys enjoyed reading about our journey. Please check out the pictures (unfortunately I did not upload the Baltimore pictures in time, so they won't be there). I will let you know when Craig has all his pictures uploaded as well. Those will blow your socks off.

To view all pictures from the trip with captions, visit http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2107628009/a=70595232_70595232/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about your journey, it is so amazing the way you have put everything together. Awesome writer!

    ReplyDelete