Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Sunday, August 23, 2009

1st Assembly of God

Today I attended a new church in Alexandria, VA. It's a First Assembly of God church, and it was very awesome. The pastor is a young guy (age 38) who is extremely hilarious yet delivers the Word with a powerful punch. The music resembled something from UGen/C20s from Westgate Chapel. We sang "I Know Who I Am," "Cover the Earth," "Mighty to Save," "I Receive Your Love (from Israel Houghton's new CD)," "Lord, I'm Amazed by You (which Emily sung at Katie and my wedding)," "Amazing Love," and "Heart of Worship."

Today's sermon was on hope. We went through 1 Sam 4:1-11. The pastor used some good analogies, good everyday material, and even played a little video to discuss what hope is all about. It was a great service indeed. Next Sunday there'll be the normal service in the morning, and then at 6pm there will be a worship night which I'm looking forward to as well. (above: picture taken from my iPhone; below: picture taken from Google Images)




1 comment:

  1. Hope it is a a good subject. We do have hope in Jesus Christ and in His kingdom.

    ReplyDelete