Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Friday, August 14, 2009

Goodbye, All

Well, it's been forever and a half since I last blogged. That's mainly because if you read the last blog, I was under the impression I was leaving for D.C. by the middle to end of July. So every day and every week I have been living as though it were the last I'd spend in Seattle for some time. So I hardly had time to blog.

Within the time of my last post, many things happened:

Birthdays- Jessica , Sagar, Katie, Nate, Ruth, Lindsey, Sid, and Schwegs. Happy Birthday to all of you!!

Sports- My basketball team for IFGF sports made it to the championship game. We got disseminated in the finals though unfortunately, but I had a blast the whole time. I had a great season averaging many points, boards, blocks, assists, and steals. My best game was game 1 where I scored 18 points and 10 rebounds amongst other things. Pictures are posted on my Facebook page.

OwL- OwL (Owen and Lisa) both got baptized at Lake Entiat on their C20s camping trip. Congratulations to you both!! I'm so happy for you. In addition, they just left for a missions trip in Oaxaca, Mexico, for several weeks. Our prayers are with you.

Home- Katie and I had the chance to spend some time of relaxation up at the beach house in Whidbey. However, upon our return, we found out some people broke in our house and stole some things. Amongst the stolen were Katie's wedding jewelry, jewelry I had bought her (possibly), and the Nintendo Wii with all the accessories and games. Our prayer is for the souls of those who took it. We pray that they would find Jesus and turn from this pathetic lifestyle.

D.C.- And last but not least, I finally got the go ahead to go to D.C. I fly out tomorrow night on the redeye to Reagan National Airport. I start work on Monday. I am really excited but also nervous. I'm also extremely sad because I will be leaving my love for 7 weeks. :( It will be super difficult for us both I'm sure, but I know she is surrounded by our loving families and that she is well cared for. That makes me be at peace. Most of all, we are both still connected through God's ever present love, and that will help us get through this.

Please continue to pray for Katie during this time. Also pray for me in my new job. It will be brand new stuff for me, and I have a very short time to learn and perfect it. Pray that it would go smoothly and that I make an impression so that I can enhance my career.

For those who want to reach me, I will have my cell phone. You can also email me at hmani5@msn.com. My new address will be at the Post Pentagon Row Apartments: 1201 S. Joyce St. #2330, Arlington, VA 22202.

Post Pentagon Row Apartments

(yes, that's the Pentagon and Washington Monument in the background)


I'll miss you guys. Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I love that apartment complex and the pentagon aswell as Washington Monument in the background, just awesome!!!


    Dad

    ReplyDelete