Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Monday, August 17, 2009

1st Day of Work


Well, today was my first day of work...again! :) It was a nice 90 degrees plus humidity today. By the time I got to work, I was sweating from head to toe. Totally grimy! So by the time I got to Pass & ID to get my new badge, I must have looked miserable. When I got my badge and walked to my new office, I introduced myself to my boss and was still sweating. Only now, I was not just sweating, I also had cotton mouth. I couldn't talk straight. He probably thinks I'm a stutterting baffoon. Eventually I cooled off, downed the entire drinking fountain (it's probably all dried up now), and began working.

As typical the first day on any job (or at least any GOVERNMENT job), I didn't have much to do. I had to get up to speed on what everyone was working on, so I read most of the day. I even had time to study some more engineering from my old college text book in the afternoon. So that was good.

I met a bunch of people. One girl who sits next to me actually works on the same floor I do back in Keyport. I had seen her before, but this was the first time we said more than just hi to each other. After talking to her for a while, I found out that she has season tickets to the Paramount Theater. She loves musicals. In fact, she's flying back home on Labor Day weekend to see Wicked even though she's seen it before. I was so sad when she mentioned that because I, too, have tickets for Wicked but can't fly back. :( My tickets are for Wednedsay and hers are for the weekend. So she can fly back. Sad. She even verified what Craig had told me once--Wicked is the best play ever!

Well, now it's time to go workout and/or cook dinner. Hope everyone is doing well back home! Miss you guys already.

No comments:

Post a Comment