Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Saturday, August 22, 2009

Five Guys

I'm surprised I lasted an entire week without eating at Five Guys burgers. If you've never had their burgers, you are missing out, my friends. Five Guys was solely an east coast chain even up to a few years ago. But alas, they have brought Five Guys to the west coast. There is currently one in Renton, WA, and I believe one in Northgate is opening up soon. I mean, just look at the picture below...who wouldn't want to take a nice bite out of that juicy, sloppy, messy, greasy burger? It's like heaven between two warm buns.

Anyway, today I finally broke my streak and cracked down. I went to Five Guys in Alexandria (where I used to live). I almost ordered large fries because the last time I had their fries was in Renton, and apparently in Renton, they don't do my favorite thing about Five Guys. In the east coast, they will give you your fries, but then they will also take another shovel heap of fries and throw it in the bag, too. So because I remembered that, I ordered regular fries. Sure enough, the lady gave me regular fries, but then she took TWO huge shovel scoops extra and threw it in the bag. It was so much that I couldn't even finish. And don't even get me started on that burger. It was so delicious! Afterwards, however, I felt gross. I have been cooking and eating healthy all week. So I punished myself for eating poorly and hit the gym extra hard today. After that, I pretty much couldn't move for the rest of the day. So I've pretty much been lounging ever since. It doesn't help also that it's pouring down buckets over here. I think that might have to do with the fact that Hurricane Bill is just sitting a hundred miles off the coast.

So, even though Katie had granted me ONE visit to Five Guys per week while I am out here (previously when living here I must've gone on average at least 3 times a week), I think that might be my last visit for a long time. Cottage cheese, fruits, and yogurt have now become my buddies. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have not had a burger for a long time, now I feel like having one

    ReplyDelete