Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vermin

Kudos today goes to my wonderful father. Thanks, dad, for all your help around my house since I've been gone. I thank you especially for taking care of my precious lawn that I worked really hard at this year. The biggest props goes out to him because of what he did today. For the past two months, Katie and I have had a mole infestation at our house. It could be one mole, it could be a family. But every few days or so, we'd get a new mound of dirt in our lawn. Thankfully, the mole's tunnel is just on the edges of the lawn, so the middle section is totally fine.

I've tried several times (even with the help of Sid) to flush this mole out. We'd put hoses through the holes and crank the water up. No luck. Well, today, my dad just about had it with the mole, too. He shoved a hose in one of its holes, and within a few moments, he saw the mole begin to claw its way out of another hole. When it reached the surface, I'm guessing it had already swallowed some water because my dad informed me that it was just laying there. He took the hose and gave it a good whack!! Finally, the mole is DEAD!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Thank you, dad. You've done what many people have failed to do--flush out a mole. Thank you and congrats. I only wished my father took a picture of the sucker. All I have instead is a picture of Bill Murray in "Caddyshack" trying to take out the gopher with the same tactic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment