Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Thursday, August 20, 2009

Weather


Two nights ago after I blogged, I realized that I needed to make a quick run to the grocery store. The grocery store is less than 2 minutes walking from my place. After I had bought everything I needed, I walked outside. The air smelled musky and the black clouds above me did not look promising. I then felt a drop of rain. Then I felt a few more. It was like that for the first 30 seconds out of the store. But then, as if the heavens above opened up and a flowing river came crashing down on us, it began to POUR. It was crazy. For the next minute, I got soaked from head to toe.

D.C. has some crazy weather for sure. It's super hot and muggy, and it pours rain from time to time. The same scenario happened yesterday at work, too. However, for the grocery run I was in my sweats, but at work I had my nice work clothes on. I bring my umbrella to work everyday because you just never know. However, I left it at my desk when I went to go outside to cross the street to the other building. Little did I know I'd need it. It was a very light drizzle on the way to the other building; on the way back it was a downpour. My nice clothes got wet. And of course I wore contacts everyday up to this point except for yesterday’s downpour. So my glasses were wet, too. When a few guys got off the elevator, they saw me, kept walking, and said to each other, "It must be raining out there." Ugh.

Apparently there's a hurricane (Hurricane Bill on the map) heading our way, too. Great! Even though it probably won't actually hit us like it'd hit the Caribbeans, it will at least be super windy and raining. Keep an eye out on the weather for me, will you?

2 comments:

  1. UGG now I have to worry about you in a Hurricane!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you. You will be fine!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete