Welcome

Welcome to my blog page: Vita--the life we lead. This is nothing too fancy, just a log of what is occurring in the life of Joseph. Sometimes there will be fun, interactive posts, and other times it will be a boring post about what I'm thinking about. In either case, enjoy. Laugh with me, write me comments, and have a blasty blast. (Also, view my "About Me" at the bottom of the page.)



Sunday, August 16, 2009

I'm in D.C.


Well, everything is unpacked. I'm sitting at my new "office desk" in my new apartment, with a slight view of the Pentagon. It's about 85 degrees right now and gorgeous outside.

The trip started with Katie taking me to Sea-Tac airport. The flight was at 11:20pm. Katie and I had just left the Taste of Edmonds as I said goodbye to Stef/Robert, Mike/Kath, and Micah/Erika. We left around 9:20, thinking that'd be plenty of time. Well, you all might remember my ridiculous story the last time I moved to D.C., so I didn't quite expect our journey to be a piece of cake.

We encountered some HORRIBLE Seattle traffic around the U-District. I quickly pulled out my iPhone and saw that the traffic was horrible well past the stadiums. So Katie and I decided to get off Bolyston and head towards 99. After a few loops and circles, we got to 99. Katie made some good calls along the way--good job, sweetie! :) But after the viaduct, we started to get lost. The GPS on the iPhone was good, but it couldn't tell us about on-ramps. So we tried to jump back on 99 or 509 a few times with no luck. I began to lose patience.

Luckily, we ended up getting back on track after what seemed a VERY long time. We got to the airport around 10:25pm. We booked it to the ticket counter. The guy told us we just made it. We had 4 minutes left before they shut down the bag check. So praise God for that!

After that, Katie and I said our sad goodbyes. The minute I left her, I felt rotten inside. It is hard to explain, but needless to say I was very sad to wave goodbye after the security check. :(

I got to the gate just as they were boarding. I had left my boarding pass at home that I printed from the computer. I was supposed to be sitting in 28F or something like that. Well, when I had got to the ticket counter, I got a new one printed off but no seat number was assigned. So when I got to the gate, I requested a seat. They gave me FIRST CLASS!! Sweet...only the third time I'd been in first class. The seats were awesome of course, but the flight was extremely bumpy. I could hardly sleep because I kept freaking out.

Eventually we landed in Chi-Town. I killed an hour in Chicago and boarded again. The second flight was uneventful. Very smooth and relaxing. There was nobody sitting next to me. It was great. I slept the whole time. After landing, I got my bags and got my rental car. I picked a Chevy Cobalt--the same car I drove in San Diego when I lived there. The turning radius on that thing is bar none! Great car all around.

I followed the directions to my apartments. The leasing office is closed on Sundays, but the manager told me to go to the nearby Starbucks, and the keys, garage opener, etc. would be waiting there for me. So I did that, and the packet she left me was perfect. It had great directions and details. I parked my car, got to my building, and got to my place.

Unfortunately I realized here that I had forgot my camera. :( I would have loved to take a picture and post it on this, but unfortunately I can't right now. Katie is planning on mailing it to me though. What a wonderful place. It's huge, too. It will be perfect for anyone who is deciding to come visit me (hint hint). :) As soon as I got in, I checked the place out, and then I took a monster powernap. Then I had to figure out how to get my internet to work, but after some time, I obviously got it working since I can now post this.

Anyway, continue keeping me in prayer. I especially ask that you keep Katie in prayer, and please check up on her from time-to-time if you can.

Lastly, my new address is slightly different than what I first wrote. The first address I posted yesterday is actually the main building's number. My new address is:

1101 S. Joyce St. #2330
Arlington, VA 22202

I also have a new home number, but that's not really important anyway. :) Just call my cell.

2 comments:

  1. I love you and miss you! thanks for the update!! :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Katie Cakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it!! U got first class seats :P. Oh doesn't ur Really cool phone have a camera on it ;)

    ReplyDelete